Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Do You Ever?

Do you ever write a book and then cast the movie in your head?

It's fun.

I recommend it.

Especially if 2/3 of the former inhabitants of your womb are gone for the day and the other 1/3 is lazing around in his pjs, watching episodes of Spider Man (Spiderman? SpiderMan?) and His Amazing Friends from 1981 on netflix.

It's easy to get lost on imbd. It's a delicious maze of bunny trails of the cinematic kind.

For those of you who have read the book (my favorite people in all the land), here's what I came up with:


Analeigh Tipton as Sonnet. When I saw her in Crazy, Stupid Love I leaned over to Mike and hissed in his ear, oh my heck, it's Sonnet!!! I'm pretty sure an up and coming young actress will be thrilled to know I just cast her in my movie for the book that has sold 34 copies. It'll probably make her day even.



Romola Garai as Emme.




James Macavoy as Luke.  Except he'll need to lighten his hair a bit.  I don't think he'll mind.  He likes me.  Also, he needs to not age cuz he's getting a little old for this part.




Collins Pennie as Israel.  Either him or Stephens Boss but he doesn't have a pensive enough head shot.




Saoirse Ronan as Rose.


Want to add your credits to the cast?  Are these how YOU pictured the characters when you read it?  Because you HAVE read it, right?  And if you haven't, you ARE about to, right?  And once you do, you'll share your reviews and comments on amazon, barnes and noble, and goodreads, right?  I'll wash your laundry and massage your feet and bake you potato cheese scones for the rest of your life.  I am not kidding.

7 comments:

  1. How neat! I have yet to finish a novel as I mostly write non-fiction, but that sounds so fun! I have been contemplating a novel, not that I have time to write one right now... Okay, I'll stop rambling now... maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rambling's good...heck, write it down and you might have the beginnings of a novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a great cast of stars! I do the same as a reference point for the book artist as to what my characters look like to me and let's face it - that's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LM Preston,
    It IS fun, huh? Especially when I should be doing laundry or mopping my floors or something more constructive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cast my stories in my head all the time. Fun post. I'm a Book Blog friend. :0) Please, stop by my blog
    http://scarlettrainssistersoftheheartsblog

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Scarlett! Heading over there now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. But wait! Where is my starring role? Who is the lucky character that gets to have me play his part?

    ReplyDelete