Sunday, January 22, 2012

double digits

Today my little Roo turns ten.
TEN!
Ack!
I remember turning ten. I think.
I got black high-tops with velcro.  They went well with my layered pairs of rolled down socks and pegged jeans.
But this isn't about me.
She was a bald, chubby little pufalump.  Good natured and goofy. 
Still is.






Had a tendency to get dirty and was very accident prone.  Usually those two qualities went hand in hand.





But always photogenic.





How much did I love this dress?  Quite a lot.  Please mail me one baby so I can dress her, STAT.  I do still have this dress.  I have a compulsion to get rid of things, but I do still have this dress.  I think.  Maybe I don't.  Maybe my sister has it.  No matter, keep the babies coming please.




Sometimes when you're the Middler, you have to put the kabosh on the Elder.  You know, by sitting on her after you fold her like a cheese sandwich in a small baby doll crib.




Now she looks like this, which is extremely odd because those other photos were taken last month.  I am sure of it.

Pardon me while I go sing "Sunrise, Sunset" and cry.

Please pray for me.  I may end up one of those scary old ladies who carry around a Cabbage Patch doll and think it's real.  I already have the dress, for the love of Pete.  It's not looking good for me.

Happy birthday, Annalise Rose!

4 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday, Annalise!! Have fun, Mama! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I thought it was the end of the world last fall when my oldest turned 9... I can't imagine having a ten year old! ... I might go cry too.

    Happy birthday to your roo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She CANNOT be 10!!! If she is 10, then that means next year she will be 11. And that is not happening. So tell her to knock it off.

    ReplyDelete