Monday, June 25, 2012
my favorite household product
101 Uses for Baking Soda (-86 )
1. Facial scrub. Great for blackheads. Mix with orange juice for some extra vitamin C.
2. Instead of shampoo.
3. Deodorize your wooden cutting boards. Sprinkle on, and use a wet sponge or cloth (sponges gross me out personally).
4. Sprinkle on carpet or mattresses before vacuuming.
5. A counter top scrub.
6. Dip your wet toothbrush in it for a natural tooth cleaner. Mix with peroxide for some extra oomph.
7. Soak your feet in hot water and 1/2 cup baking soda. Then use a little more as a scrub. Swirl a little olive oil in there and you'll have exfoliated, soft toes.
8. Boost your laundry soap by adding 1/2 cup to your washer.
9. Sprinkle in your teenager's stinky shoes.
10. Add a good amount to your batch of hard boiled eggs in the water. This is an amazing trick that totally works. The shells slip right off and you won't have dimpled, dented eggs that are only good for egg salad.
11. Deodorize your drains.
12. Clean your microwave with it.
13. Keep an open box in your fridge for getting rid of last night's Kung Pao Shrimp leftovers.
14. Take a box camping. It's your toothpaste, hand scrub, pot scrub, all in one.
All for $1 a box. Go nuts, and buy three.