2. I secretly enjoyed the government benefits of food stamps for a few months. I should feel ashamed but we have never eaten so well in our lives. I now miss medium rare steak more than I miss the size 4 I used to be.
3. Going through difficult times in life, it's very helpful and recommended to have a life partner with a sense of humor.
4. It's very helpful and recommended to have a sense of humor when going through difficult times in life.
5. It is possible to live out of one half of a suitcase for 6 months. Not screamingly thrilling, but possible.
6. If you're low on furniture or things to do, nekked drumming is always an alternative to the humdrums.
7. My dog is neurotic, but I learned to love the mutt more.
8. It's 2,013 miles from Nampa, Idaho, to St Louis, MI.
9. Approximately 1,013 miles of it is corn.
10. Homeschooling is so the way to go if you're unemployed and traveling!
11. I can drive a huge van like a bad mambajamba. I don't know what a bad mambajamba is actually. I think it might be a Star Wars term.
12. Gianni likes the ladies. The ladies like Gianni. And she didn't even get to witness the nekked drum show!
13. You can sell my bed. You can sell my couch. You can give endless boxes of my very own stuff away to Goodwill. But if you lay a hand on my book collection I will come at you like a spider monkey.
14. Goodbyes stink.
This one stinks.
This one was rotten.
This one was tear ridden.
This one was-
I don't miss this nut all too terribly.
It's his wife I miss.
But she won't sit still for pictures.
So we've known each other for eleventy seven years and have like, no photos of each other because we each duck and yell and take cover when someone takes out their camera. And if I do get a photo of her she complains about her hair, or her shirt and makes me delete it. And if she does get a picture of me I complain about my jowls. And she deletes it. At least she tells me she deletes it.
I suspect she lies.
I miss her. I had a picture of the two of us, but I looked jowl-y.
There are others I miss (Jen, Anna) who evidently hide from cameras as well.
15. Gianni grew hair.
16. Michigan is humid. Speaking of hair reminded me of that, thank you very much.
17. I'm not ashamed to say I heart texting, emails, Facebook, and phones, so I can keep in touch with all my fruitloops.
18. The first three weeks of being a mom to teenagers I did not sleep at all. We're talking full-on zombie, night of the living dead. Can you say, anxious?
19. Baptists are just Christians. Shhh.
20. It is not advisable to do Pilates on the floor when your toddler is perched precariously above you on the tip of the recliner.
21. Public schools make me nervous. They're full of oversized toddlers. I want to put my fingers in my ears and shout at the top of my lungs, 'I'm a homeschooler!' But I don't think this would do much for the reputation of homeschoolers in general. Especially if I'm wearing my Star Trek shirt tucked into my sweat pants tucked into my moon boots at the time.
22. If nekked drumming isn't your thing, due to a lack of musical ability, there's always nekked biking. A few scant seconds after I took this shot, he ate the geranium.
23. This picture has nothing to do with anything and wasn't taken in 2010, but it somehow seemed appropriate for this blog. I want him back. I want to chew on his nose cuz back then he let me chew on his nose.
I'm ending there, partly because dinner is about to boil over, and partly because I like ending my list on #23 for all you OCD people who will not be able to sleep at night because I didn't end on an even number.
me and my jowls.