Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I don't get out much

So yesterday I was at the pool with my sweet trolls.  I was reading (of course...not like I go there to swim if I can help it) and the only other people there was a dad with a daughter.  He was teaching her to swim.  I kept getting distracted by him practically shouting,
'Hi!'
at me.  At which point, I'd look up politely and smile or wave, but he would hardly ever be looking my way, which I found odd.
Was he trying to get my attention?  Flirt?  What was up with this guy?
Finally after the fourth time or so, I started really eavesdropping on him.
Turns out he wasn't speaking English.
Maybe Russian.
German.
Not English.
And when I thought he was yelling greetings at me and I so politely and dorkily responded, he was actually - I believe - saying something like "go!" to his daughter.

It was a tad bit embarrassing.

2 comments: